Follow us on
New Scholarship Created for Latin American Law Student at Touro Law
Posted On April 8, 2014
Touro Law Center is pleased to announce the Luis Pagan Leadership Scholarship, has been endowed by t...
North Shore-LIJ Endows $200,000 Scholarship/Fellowship Fund at Touro Law Center
Posted On April 3, 2014
The North Shore-LIJ Health System’s Foundation and Law & Psychiatry Institute have establi...
Touro Law to Commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day
Posted On April 2, 2014
Touro Law is pleased to announce that in honor of Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance Da...
Project P.A.T.C.H. (Participatory Awareness Through Community Help) is a partnership between the Law Center, the Northport-East Northport School District, the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) Law Youth and Citizenship (LYC) program, and the New York State Education Department (SED). The purpose of LYC is to:
- Train teachers to use law-related education methodology;
- Develop and distribute law-related education materials for teachers;
- Involve attorneys and judges in educational programs, both in and out of the classroom; and
- Provide assistance to schools to teach students about the law and government and encourage active citizenship.
For more than 15 years, Touro Law has been working with the Northport-East Northport School District Project P.A.T.C.H. and has:
- Arranged for faculty members to teach in middle school and high school classes;
- Developed a library of age- and grade-appropriate law-related materials for use in high school classes;
- Created and hosted a virtual law library of cases and materials relevant to high school law courses on its website (including the text of the Constitution, selected United States Supreme Court opinions, summaries of major constitutional law cases, and a glossary of legal terms).