Follow us on
Professor Gary Shaw Appointed Interim Director of Touro Law’s Center for Innovation in Business, Law & Technology
Posted On July 14, 2014
Touro Law Dean Patricia Salkin is pleased to announce that Professor Gary Shaw will serve as the Inter...
Professor Rodger Citron Appointed New Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Posted On June 30, 2014
Touro Law Dean Patricia Salkin is pleased to announce that Rodger Citron will serve as Associate Dea...
Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. Establish Scholarship at Touro Law
Posted On June 24, 2014
Touro Law Dean Patricia Salkin is pleased to announce the Schwartzapfel Lawyers PC scholarship. The...
Project P.A.T.C.H. (Participatory Awareness Through Community Help) is a partnership between the Law Center, the Northport-East Northport School District, the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) Law Youth and Citizenship (LYC) program, and the New York State Education Department (SED). The purpose of LYC is to:
- Train teachers to use law-related education methodology;
- Develop and distribute law-related education materials for teachers;
- Involve attorneys and judges in educational programs, both in and out of the classroom; and
- Provide assistance to schools to teach students about the law and government and encourage active citizenship.
For more than 15 years, Touro Law has been working with the Northport-East Northport School District Project P.A.T.C.H. and has:
- Arranged for faculty members to teach in middle school and high school classes;
- Developed a library of age- and grade-appropriate law-related materials for use in high school classes;
- Created and hosted a virtual law library of cases and materials relevant to high school law courses on its website (including the text of the Constitution, selected United States Supreme Court opinions, summaries of major constitutional law cases, and a glossary of legal terms).