Follow us on
Touro Law Adds More Than $200,000 in Student Scholarship Support
Posted On July 2, 2015
Touro Law Center Dean Patricia Salkin is pleased to announce several new named and endowed scholarsh...
New Director of Alumni and Donor Relations Announced at Touro Law
Posted On June 15, 2015
Touro Law Center Dean Patricia Salkin is pleased to announce the hiring of Erica Vladimer, Class of...
Touro Law Announces New Veterans Scholarship Fund
Posted On June 11, 2015
Touro Law Center Dean Patricia Salkin is pleased to announce the newly created Judge Sol Wachtler Ve...
Project P.A.T.C.H. (Participatory Awareness Through Community Help) is a partnership between the Law Center, the Northport-East Northport School District, the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) Law Youth and Citizenship (LYC) program, and the New York State Education Department (SED). The purpose of LYC is to:
- Train teachers to use law-related education methodology;
- Develop and distribute law-related education materials for teachers;
- Involve attorneys and judges in educational programs, both in and out of the classroom; and
- Provide assistance to schools to teach students about the law and government and encourage active citizenship.
For more than 15 years, Touro Law has been working with the Northport-East Northport School District Project P.A.T.C.H. and has:
- Arranged for faculty members to teach in middle school and high school classes;
- Developed a library of age- and grade-appropriate law-related materials for use in high school classes;
- Created and hosted a virtual law library of cases and materials relevant to high school law courses on its website (including the text of the Constitution, selected United States Supreme Court opinions, summaries of major constitutional law cases, and a glossary of legal terms).